Nii Amon is responsible for the daily planning, organisation, supervision and administration of activities on farm estates. Typical responsibilities include:
- forward planning
- making policy decisions
- budgeting and maintaining accurate financial records
- organising sales and purchases of livestock, farm equipment, crops and agricultural products
- handling paperwork and keeping administrative records
- recruiting, training/instructing and supervising farm workers
- making sure that work progresses satisfactorily
- ensuring compliance with government regulations and health and safety standards
- keeping an up-to-date knowledge of pests and diseases
- ensuring that the farm is profitable and meets projected financial targets
- organising maintenance/repair of farm property, equipment and machinery
- advertising and marketing farm products or the work of the farmer
Variations in his workloads relate to seasonal demands – some unsociable hours may be necessary during busy periods (eg. during harvesting or when lambing begins in mid January) and he deals with emergencies.
In order to sustain the Foundation financially, the Graceful Hands Foundation decided to go into mixed (arable and pastoral) farming to generate funds to support all the beneficiaries. Also, help the marginalized locals to objectively focus on the needs of the family and the demands of the market and promote high value market – oriented crops and animals; Providing improved varieties of planting materials and breeds of animals that are quick maturing and high yielding under average systems of management. Train the marginalized farmers to acquire more efficient management skills in agricultural production, harvesting, storage, processing and marketing. In the end improving the economic condition of the marginalized people as well as other sectors of their society as a whole.